I love a good casserole, but I love the leftovers even more. This is a perfect dinner to make if you need some lunches for the week!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to package.
- Drain the pasta and stir in your marinara sauce and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add your flour, salt and pepper. In two others, add your eggs and breadcrumbs (in their own).
- Dip your chicken tenders into the bowls in this order: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs. Continue with each tender and set on a cutting board or plate while you prepare your pan.
- Heat your vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once it is hot, add all of your breaded chicken tenderloins. Cook on both sides for about 4 minutes each.
- Remove the chicken from your pan and cut into bitesize pieces.
- Begin layering your casserole as follows: Pasta marinara mixture, chicken, mozzarella, pasta mixture, chicken, mozzarella.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Enjoy hot with some bread!