Lemon Lime Mocktail Margarita
Made, written & photographed by the creators of the Point
As we're dreaming of summer but stuck in a wintery spring mix, this mocktail is a perfect drink to add to the daydream.
The fresh citrus, the bubbly soda water, and the frosted glasses all make this a great go-to for summer (or spring!)
Choose between a salted rim or a sugared rim (sugar was our favorite) and you can add a splash of tequila to your glass before pouring in your shaken mixture to make it alcoholic!
serves 2 | 10 minutes
2 oz fresh lime juice, or 1/2 cup
2 oz fresh lemon juice, or 1/2 cup
2 oz simple syrup, or 1/2 cup
Soda Water, to top off
lime wedges, lemon wedges, and sprigs of mint to garnish
1. Prepare your glasses by cutting a lemon wedge and wiping it among the rim of your glasses. Then, in a bowl big enough to fit the glass, add a good amount of sugar or salt. Dip the rim into your sugar or salt. Place both glasses in the freezer to frost them before use!
2. Begin by filling a cocktail shaker or large glass with ice.
3. Add the next three ingredients: 2 oz lime juice, 2 oz lemon juice, 2 oz simple syrup. Shake for 20 seconds if you have a shaker. If you're using a large glass, stir with a spoon for 20 seconds.
4. Fill two glasses with additional ice and evenly strain your citrus mixture over the ice.
5. Top with cold soda water.
6. Add a lemon wedge, a lime wedge, and a spring of mint to finish it off!