A special occasion meal is always a fun birthday addition. Scallops can be pricy but if you only make them once or twice a year, they keep their specialty.
- 5 oz long pasta uncooked
- ½ lb of raw scallops fresh or frozen and thawed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by getting a large pot of water boiling to cook the noodles. Once boiling, drop the noodles in and let them cook while you make the rest of the meal. When they are finished, reserve 1/2 a cup of the starchy water before draining.
- Pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Get your olive oil nice and hot over medium-high heat. Add your scallops season side down and cook for 2 minutes- without disrupting or moving them. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove to a clean plate.
- Use the same skillet and add 1 tablespoon butter. Once melted, sauté your minced garlic until fragrant (about 2 minutes). Add your wine to the garlic and let it simmer until reduced by half.
- Put your flour into a small bowl or on a paper plate. Place your remaining tablespoon of butter and drench it in the flour. Set aside.
- Add your starchy water, parsley, lemon juice and flour/butter mixture to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until it bubbles and comes together.
- Add your scallops back to the sauce and cook for a minute. Remove to a separate plate one last time and toss your cooked pasta in the sauce.
- Plate by laying a bed of pasta down and topping with scallops. Enjoy!