This recipe gives you the choice of super spicy or a little more mild. Either way, if you enjoy fajitas, you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Fajita Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 6oz chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes leave out for less heat
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1/2 red or orange pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 white onion cut into thin strips
- 1 lime optional
- Preheat your oven to 400° and get a small baking sheet out.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, combine 2 teaspoons chili powder and 2 teaspoons cumin. Set aside.
- Slice your chicken breasts in half length wise. Pound halves with a meat mallet or rolling pin until they get to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle one side of your chicken breasts with the other 2 teaspoons of both chili powder and cumin, along with your crushed red pepper.
- Layer your peppers and onion in the middle of the seasoned side on both chicken breasts. Roll the chicken around the veggies and secure with toothpicks.
- Roll your chicken in the combined chili powder and cumin. Make sure the outside is covered completely.
- Lay seasoned breasts on your baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a thermometer in the thickest part reads 165°.
- Drizzle with lime juice and enjoy!