When you can add extra sugar to a pie, why wouldn’t you? Don’t forget to top with whipped cream and store in the fridge!
Cinnamon & Sugar Crusted Pumpkin Pie
- 9-in refrigerated pie crust thawed on counter for about 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Spray a 9-in pie pan with non stick cooking spray & set on a baking sheet.
- Take your thawed pie crust and roll it out slightly on parchment paper or a clean surface. Fold the dough over your rolling pin and carefully lay it down in your pie pan. Without pulling the crust up or stretching it, make sure it fits evenly around the dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl (preferably with a spout for pouring), add your remaining ingredients: pumpkin puree, apple butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs. Stir until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your pie crust.
- Combine your cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly on the top of the pumpkin filling.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Without opening your oven, lower the heat to 350°F. Bake for another 55 minutes to an hour. You want to make sure the middle of the pie is not jiggly.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Place in refrigerator until cooled completely. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!