This is a great meatless soup recipe to keep on hand. It goes together quickly and it has few ingredients.
Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes 14 1/2oz
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 9 oz refrigerated tortellini
- 4 cups baby spinach
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat your oil over medium heat. Add your garlic and cook until fragrant – about one minute.
- Stir in your tomatoes, broth, and seasonings (Italian, garlic, onion). Bring to a boil.
- Add your tortellini and bring to a gentle boil. Uncovered, cook just until the tortellini are tender 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in your spinach. Stir until it shrinks down.
- Ladle soup into separate bowls and top with cheese, salt and pepper.