A good salad is always a great meal when you’ve been feeling a little bloated. In between all of the delicious fall comfort foods, this is a great recipe to give yourself a break!
Harvest Cobb Salad
For the Salad
- 1 butternut squash cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 6 cups mixed spring greens
- 2 cups cooked shredded turkey or chicken 8 ounces
- 2 Honeycrisp or Jonathan apple cored and diced
- ⅔ cup pecan halves toasted and chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan shredded
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Cook your Ingredients
- Heat oven to 400°. Line your squash up on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast your squash for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Make sure to flip half way through.
- While the squash roasts, fry up your bacon up crispy. Transfer to a paper towel plate to remove extra grease. Chop.
Make your Dressing
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together your dressing ingredients; oil, vinegar, shallot, maple syrup and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper.
Put it Together
- In a large serving bowl, combine your kale and spring mix. Lay your squash, bacon, chicken, apple, pecans, and parmesean over the greens however you'd like!
- Drizzle your dressing over the salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste!