Apple Crisps & Caramel Apples are two staples of fall in Wisconsin. Luckily for you, this recipe puts them together into one!
Caramel Apple Crisp
For the Filling:
- 8 cups sliced apples 5-6 large apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 14 oz caramels 2 1/4 cups
- 6 tablespoons milk
For the Topping:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup butter soft
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- Place your peeled and sliced apples in a large bowl. Add sugar, flour, & cinnamon; toss to coat. Spread into your greased pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add your caramels and milk. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds until melted, stirring in between. Drizzle about half of the caramel sauce over the apples.
- In a small bowl, use a fork or pastry cutter to combine your topping ingredients: flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, & butter. Once crumbly and combined, sprinkle evenly over your apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or till topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and the remaining caramel sauce.