If you’re a fan of Beef Stew you’re going to LOVE this recipe. Tyler and I took one bite and knew that we’ll be making this weekly.
Chicken & Biscuits Stew
- Slow Cooker
For the Slow Cooker
- 1/4 cup flour extra if needed
- 1 teaspoon salt plus extra for taste
- pinch pepper plus extra for taste
- 1 pound chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cupa chicken stock
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 10-15 mini potatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
For the Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter chopped up
- 4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/3 cup milk
Prep the Slow Cooker:
- In the slow cooker, add your flour, salt and pepper. Mix together. Toss your chicken and onions in the flour mixture.
- In a large frying pan, heat your olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your chicken and onions making sure the chicken is in a single layer. Brown on each side for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and add to your crock pot. (No need to clean the flour out if there is extra).
- Add your potatoes, carrots, and celery to the crock pot as well.
- In the hot frying pan, off of heat, pour in 1/2 cup of chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to release the brown "flavor" pieces. Pour into the crock pot along with additional 1 cup chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Make the Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly distributed.
- Add your butter and pinch it in with your finger tips or a pastry cutter.
- Toss in your cheese.
- Stir in your milk until just combined – don't over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to drop 6-8 biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Put it Together:
- Season the stew with salt and pepper. If it is too liquid-y remove some of the liquid into a small bowl and add a few tablespoons of flour. Whisk and return to the slow cooker.
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!