Mini portions make you feel better when you only have one serving! Who cares if it actually turns out to be a decent size serving. Not me!
Mini Chocolate Chip Pecan Pies
- Mini Pie Pans
For the Dough:
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter cut into chunks (about 16)
- 1/4 cup ice water plus 2 tablespoons
For the Filling:
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed.
- 1/4 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans chopped roughly
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Make the Dough:
- With a paddle attachment in an electric mixer (or with your hands in a large mixing bowl), combine the flour and salt. Add the butter chunks and mix on low speed until the mixture is combined completely and the butter "chunks" are evenly distributed. (By hand, use a pastry cutter or your fingers and work quickly to combine the flour and butter).
- Add 1/4 cup water and continue to mix the dough on low until it begins to come together. Add additional 1-2 tablespoons (little at a time) water if the dough is too dry to come together.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide it in half. Press each half into a flat circle of about 6 inches wide. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (up to overnight).
Make the Filling:
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Spray __ tart pans. Set aside.
- Roll out your refrigerated pie crust until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Cut circles out of the dough that are about 1 inch larger than your mini tart pans. Line each tart pan with a circle of dough. Don't stretch it as this will cause the tart to shrink. Set in the fridge or freezer while you make the filling.
- Combine the sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add your butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Fold in your pecans and chocolate chips.
- Remove the shells from the fridge or freezer. Pour about 1/2 cup filling into each tart.
- Bake until the filling is set, about ___ to ___ minutes. Let the tarts cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic and keep at room temp for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!