Yay! Another homemade slow cooked meal is ready for you to whip up!
Slow Cooked Baked Ziti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian meat ground
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz ziti noodles
- 24 oz pasta sauce of your choosing
- 8 oz ricotta cheese whole milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Line your slow cooker with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray to avoid a huge burnt mess.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your Italian sausage meat and crumble and brown for 6-8 minutes.
- Add your chopped onion to the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add your garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir and heat until it becomes aromatic.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add your ziti noodles. Stir and cook for about 4 minutes or until the edges of the noodles begin to turn translucent.
- Remove from heat and add your pasta sauce.
- Pour your pasta into the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are soft.
- Once the noodles are ready, dollop the ricotta cheese and sprinkle Mozzarella on top. Recover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until cheese is all melted.
Make sure your pasta is cooked through and soft before you dig in! I trusted Tyler’s taste testing and had one or two tough crunchy noodles. Somehow he didn’t – lucky!
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!