Need a recipe to kick off your fall pumpkin binge? Here you go!
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip oil and brown sugar. Once combined, add your egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of batter onto the prepared sheet. Keep each drop about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are beginning to brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, add your frosting to a piping bag or zip lock bag with a corner cut off. Swirl the frosting onto the bottom of one cookie. Sandwich another cookie with frosting in the middle.
- Keep in an air tight container and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!