With all the great ingredients of puppy chow in the convenience of a cookie, this recipe will become a family favorite!
Puppy Chow Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Begin with the Dough
- Preheat oven to 375° And grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or hand mixer, beat together your butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mix your dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and beat with mixer until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or measuring spoon, ball the dough into balls. They can be about 1 inch big to 1 1/2 inches. Space out about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- As soon as the cookies come out, use a small measuring cup to flatten the center of each cookie. Let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine your chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 2 minutes in 30 second intervals. Stir in between each interval until melted.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate onto each cookie. Let cool again on counter for a few hours or in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Top by sprinkling powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!