I strongly believe, next to their breadsticks, Olive Garden’s golden dish is their Gnocchi soup. If you love it as much as I do, you have to try making it at home.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups of Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken I use a rotisserie chicken from the store
- 3 cups spinach roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- parmesan grated
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt your butter. Once hot, add your onions, carrots and celery. Top with a pinch of salt and stir/sauté until veggies soften.
- Add your flour and cook while stirring for another minute or two. Add your chicken stock, milk, heavy cream, and your Italian seasoning.
- Raise your heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a medium-low heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- After it is done simmering, add your chicken and gnocchi until the gnocchi are fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in your spinach.
- Adjust your seasonings, add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with grated parmesan on top and bread on the side! Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!