It’s coming to the time of year where slow cookers are my favorite kitchen tool. This recipe smells so good that you basically get to enjoy it all day long.
Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Chicken
- 6-8 chicken strips
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh Basil for topping
- Begin by adding your diced tomatoes and marinara sauce to your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your heavy cream and corn starch until combined. Pour into your slow cooker.
- Stir in your minced garlic and seasonings: salt, pepper, and basil. Stir to combine.
- Add your chicken and make sure to push under the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Once the chicken reaches 165°F it is good to go!
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!