Twinkies were originally made back in the 1930s and were filled with banana cream. Now, after some war rationing, vanilla cream is the favorite.
Homemade Twinkie Bundt Cake
For the Bundt Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 1 7oz tub of marshmallow cream
- 2 tablespoons butter at room tepm
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Generously spray a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your cake ingredients: cake mix, eggs, butter, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Make sure everything is smooth.
- Pour into your Bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a tooth pick is inserted and removed cleanly.
- Let your cake cool completely in the pan. This will take several hours but you don't want it to be warm at all. Keep in pan for filling.
For the Marshmallow Filling:
- Use a handheld mixer and beat together your filling ingredients: marshmallow cream, butter, and powdered sugar. This is sticky and will take a little bit of patience.
- Use an ice cream scoop or melon baller to make about 6 holes in the bottom of your cooled cake. Reserve the cake you've scooped out. You don't want to go all the way through the cake, just through the middle.
- Spoon your filling or pipe your filling into the holes, only filling about 1/2-2/3 of the way full. Replace the cake you scooped out and add to the filled holes.
- Invert the cake onto a cutting board or platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy right away.
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!