An easy dessert filled with caramel and chocolate is ALWAYS a good idea. What makes this even better is that the crust is already made!
- 1 9in refrigerated pie crust
- 35 caramels unwrapped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup pecans halved
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Bake the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 400°. Get a tart pan with a removeable bottom, or a tart pan without a removable bottom but coated with cooking spray.
- On a large cutting board or baking mat, roll out your pie crust. You want it about 1 1/2 inch larger than your tart pan. Roll your crust over your rolling pin and lay over the tart pan. Press into the pan and cut off the excess pie crust.
- Cover your crust with 2 layers of aluminum foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 5-6 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan completely. Remove from pan before adding toppings.
Add your Toppings:
- In a medium sauce pan, add your caramels and heavy whipping cream. Mix together on medium heat until the caramels are melted.
- Add in 1 cup of your pecans to the hot caramel. Pour this mixture into your pie crust. Sprinkle remaining pecans on top.
- Melt your chocolate chips. Drizzle over the tart.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store leftovers in airtight container and refrigerated.
Leave a Review!
Please leave a review and rate the recipe if you gave it a try! I’d love to hear from you all and get your versions of these recipes. Let me know below how much you loved it or how you would change it!